The titles of the virtual educational workshops planned to be held at the 33rd ICFF in National and International sections were announced, the Public Relations Office of the festival reports.
‘In this edition of the festival, considering the situation we are in due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and transference of the educational space of universities, academic centers and various festivals to the virtual world, the festival’s educational workshops have been taken into account in a different way’, said the deputy director of the 33rd ICFF International Section and director of educational workshops, Hamed Solaymanzadeh.
‘One of the major differences of this edition of the festival with the previous ones is its virtual format. In fact, running the workshops virtually in International and National sections provides us with the opportunity to invite more highly-experienced masters and think of making the workshops more inclusive and, as a result, interact with a greater number of audiences’, he added.
How to Sign in and Use the Workshop Programs
According to Solaymanzadeh, the recorded educational workshops (with subtitles in the International Section) will be presented though the festival’s platform followed by a short live Q & A on Skyroom, thirty minutes after each workshop.
‘All those interested in joining these workshops can sign in at /https://portal.icff.ir and request for participation in the educational workshops. The particulars will be checked and 15 to 30 people will be chosen to attend each workshop ’, he explained.
The workshops in the International Section of the 33rd ICFF, according to Solaymanzadeh, are categorized under these seven titles:
- Introducing and Recognizing Screenplay Elements in Children’s Cinema (Federica Iacobelli, Italian Scriptwriter and scriptwriting teacher)
- Contemporary Acting Methods in Children and Youth Cinema (Anna Redi, Italian performance artist)
- The place of Experience in the Narration of Animated Films (Yann Jouette from France)
- The Concept of Character in Children Cinema, focused on Kazakh Children Cinema (Alexandra Porshneva, famous Kazakh film and art critic and a Fipresci member)
- Puppet Film and Its Connection with Children World (Ramanjit Kaur from India and Lee Thompson from England)
- How to Introduce Films related to Children Cinema to Global Markets ( Chandra K. Jha, famous Indian Film distributer and assistant secretary general at Federation of Motion Pictures Producers in Asian-Pacific)
- The Place of Rhythm in the Process of Directing Children’s Films (Abdel Remedyca , children’s film director from Kazakhstan)
The workshops in the National Section of the 33rd ICFF whose instructors are all among well-known experts in the field are as follows:
- The Model for Hero’s Journey in Children Cinema
- Aesthetic Principles of Cinema for Youth
- Family Filmmaking (Using Everyday-life Subjects to Make a Film)
- Low-cost Filming with Digital Cameras
- Transferring Experience: Scene and Costume Design in Cinema
- Cinema-Video Games Interaction
This year’s workshops have been organized in a way that cinema students, cinema lovers and professionals, such as directors and producers, can all make use of them, according to the director. The International Section workshops will start at 11 A.M. (with the Q & As following them), and the National Section workshops will start at 1 P.M, every day from October 18 to 23, 2020.
Due to the outbreak of the new Corona Virus, based on the multilateral agreement made by the Iranian Cinema Organization, Farabi Cinematic Foundation and Isfahan Municipality, this edition of the festival will be held virtually from October 18 to 23, 2020 under the supervision of Alireza Tabesh.
The Festival will be organized in a competitive format in two different sections; Iranian Cinema Competition and International Cinema Competition.